COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS - THIS IS IMPORTANT AND NEEDS TO BE FOLLOWED BY ALL FAMILIES, PLAYERS, MANAGERS, COACHES, AND OFFICIALS AS THESE PROTOCOLS MUST BE FOLLOWED IF WE ARE TO CONTINUE HOLDING PRACTICES AND COMMENCE COMPETITION:
* Practices and competitions will be conducted in compliance with state and local rules and regulations.
* EVERYONE entering a field or facility MUST be wearing a face mask. Children under 2 years of age are the only exception.
* PLAYERS must wear masks during play until further notice.
* PLAYERS, MANAGERS, COACHES, and OFFICIALS are the ONLY people allowed on the field or in the areas immediately behind the dugouts and backstop. MANAGERS, COACHES, OFFICIALS, and PLAYERS MUST be wearing face masks on the bench and to/from the field.
* Teams will practice in stable cohorts of no more than 12 players.
* Managers, Coaches, Players, and Officials will maintain physical distance of at least 6 ft when practicable.
* Practices and competitions will be closed to spectators except for the purpose of age appropriate supervision. SPECTATORS must practice social distancing of 6 ft between families not of the same household and all spectators (not including children under the age of 2) MUST wear a face mask when at the field or facility.
* Facemasks are to be worn covering the nose, mouth and chin.
* Managers will screen players, coaches, and officials before allowing their participation in practices or competitions. Managers will be provided wipes and sanitizer for maintaining recommended hygiene.
* Players will bring their own individual water and snacks to practices or competitions. There will be no gum, sunflower seeds, or spitting.
* Anyone not in compliance with these protocols may be instructed by facility representatives to comply with the protocols.
* Failure to comply may result in the person being directed to leave the facility.
* Anyone with a fever or that is not feeling well or that has a known close contact should stay home. All participants are expected to monitor oneself and quarantine as necessary, in accordance with the quarantine requirements set forth in the league’s 2021 Safety Plan. If a participant develops symptoms or is notified of a close contact after having been at practice or competitions, the family must notify the league Safety Officer.
For additional protocols, please see the league’s 2021 Safety Plan and COVID Mitigation Protocols for Managers, which can be found on the Documents page.
These are not optional protocols. We are fortunate to be able to hold practices and competitions, and we need to make sure that for the safety of the players, and spectators and volunteers that these protocols are followed.